Search results

1. Blargaman91

Custom Speaker and Headphone Amplifier

This is my first custom PCB, and I made it because I can never find a very good audio amplifier to use in my portables. Here are some features of the board: - Stereo analog input - 2 W speaker output - 150 mW headphone output - Digital volume control (up and down buttons) - 3.3v/5v power supply...
  2. Blargaman91

First Wii Portable - Worklog

This is my first Wii portable system. I tried to make it very "Wii" by painting it all white and including some Wii remote buttons and player LEDs. Its dimensions are 176 mm x 94 mm x 29 mm. These are the highlighted features: - Vacuum formed case, all hand crafted - An internal Wii remote...
  3. Blargaman91

Enabling Sleep Mode without closing console

This might already be known, but recently I found a simple trick to make your 3DS/DS think it's closed with the press of a button. All DS's detect being closed when the right speaker comes near the ABXY buttons because it senses the magnet of the speaker. The component that senses magnetism...
  4. Blargaman91

Can 3DS system images be swapped?

I recently hard-modded a 3DS to read and write to the NAND from a PC, and I was wondering why it's impossible to write any image that doesn't come from the same 3DS. I know that the NAND is encrypted to be readable only by my own system's processor. But can't the system's encryption key be...
  5. Blargaman91

Another RetroPie portable

I'm putting this thread here somewhat as a placeholder for now. Just today I started designing a new case for the same RetroPie portable I built a while ago with an SL-53 from Polycase. This time, I wanted to 3D print it, although I've never done that before and do not have immediate access to a...
  6. Blargaman91

The 2nd RetroPie Boy

After a not-so-long break I am back to recreate The RetroPie Boy from before because that one was bad. That portbale doesn't exist anymore as most of its parts will be used again in this system. This time, I am not using some weird case that's not a case and is difficult to work with; I am using...
  7. Blargaman91

The obsolete RetroPie Boy

This thing was so below my expectations (I did it way too quickly) that I dismembered it. I'll start again with a case from Polycase when I can. I have a worklog in the handhelds seciton but I don't know if many people very saw it. I'm not really good at keeping it updated anyway. I had this...
  8. Blargaman91

3DS sliders on a USB gamepad

I have used 3DS sliders on GameCube before and the resistor solution worked well enough, but I prefer to use a converter like RDC's. I'm using 3DS sliders now in a new project with a USB controller, and I have no idea what resistor values to use. I don't know how these sliders work but I'd like...
  9. Blargaman91

The Old RetroPie Boy

I had this weird idea to make use of my dusty Raspberry Pi that I've never been able to use and make an emulator handheld out of it. I thought I'd have to somehow make my own GUI and find some way to make all the emulators work together, none of which I know how to do, but fortunately I found...
  10. Blargaman91

mini GameCube

I made a tiny GameCube that is basically a regular console but without the less-used features. I made it with some time on my hands using a spare case and spare parts: It consists of a trimmed heatsink, a trimmed DOL-001 motherboard, original regulator, composite and S-video out, 4 player...
  11. Blargaman91

Manipulating 3DS IR sensor?

I've toyed with the idea of having an external controller for the 3DS before but I've always hated having to open such an expensive console and put wires in it. I see people making GameCube controller mods with wires and connectors sticking out of the side and I wonder if no one's attempted...
  12. Blargaman91

Wii U Pro Controller - questions

My first question: Does anyone know what this connector circled in red is? My controller doesn't have that connector. I can't imagine what it would be for since the controller doesn't seem lack anything obvious, except maybe a right rumble motor. Secondly:This blank LED spot here, what sort...
  13. Blargaman91

Wii Disc Drive Error

I've come across an issue with a certain Wii motherboard. It's a post-2011 revision, I believe, not too old. But used. I have two working Wii disc drives and the motherboard refuses to accept either of them. Connecting either drive with nothing in it causes the Wii to run normally but not be...
  14. Blargaman91

Solution to annoying GC interference?

I'm looking for a definitive solution to the issue with interference in the audio and video lines of the GameCube because I can't figure it out myself. This is the interference that comes from whatever regulators are used for power and ends up largely affecting audio and video; the audio portion...
  15. Blargaman91

Electronics Modding Service for anyone interested

I'd like to start a dedicated, reliable electronics modding service for anyone who needs a little help getting a project done. My offer would include these things: 1. Wiring for most anything I will do as much wiring as you need on surfaces ranging from large to very small - it could be a...
  16. Blargaman91

A little Wii trimming

I've started trimming some Wii's and this first one has a shorting issue. This is the cut: The 3.3v line is shorted to ground and as such I haven't tried to turn it on yet. I can't get a clear picture but the sides are all super clean and I can't possibly sand it down smoother. So are there...
  17. Blargaman91

Wiikey acting really strange

Right now I'm trying to get a Wiikey Fusion to work on my Wii. When in the disc channel, whether there's an SD card in the slot or not, it will say "Please insert a disc". Pressing the eject switch does nothing. Behavior doesn't change with or without the DVD drive connected. When you plug the...
  18. Blargaman91

Component Cable on DOL-101 GameCube

I don't know if it's widely known whether the component cable can work on a DOL-101 cube or not, but I can't really find any documentation that confirms anything. EDIT: I did find some other documentation, with mixed results. Anyway, here are my findings. This is the input to the GameCube AV...
  19. Blargaman91

A few Swiss questions

First off, how are cheats supposed to work? I thought I had it all right, naming the .gct appropriately and all. I try to load the .gct and get "invalid or corrupt file". I'm using r273. Also, is memory card emulation working at all? I know it's a WIP, but... I figure it works with some games...
  20. Blargaman91

Another GameCube SP

My 3rd GameCube SP has come to life. It was finished a while ago but I haven't taken the time to make this post. My camera won't really work with me, so these are the pictures I get. Thanks to Downing for the awesome casework! This is basically the design I'm sticking with for this line...
Back