Search results

1. Blargaman91

Hacking a GC With an Arduino?

The Wiikey uses an FPGA, so Arduino is out of the question. Whoever designed it reverse engineered the Wii/GC DVD interface and did not share any of their information. I'm sorry, but no one is going to be recreating that because there is little to no demand and very few people have the skill and...
  2. Blargaman91

Will This Screen Work? (GC)

GCVideo is accessible enough now that I don't believe this is an issue. In fact, GameCube is the only one with a publically available solution to output 480p VGA. You need VGA (or HDMI), not component, since component LCDs are virtually nonexistent.
  3. Blargaman91

Will This Screen Work? (GC)

As far as I can tell, that LCD driver board is capable of taking S-Video or composite video input, both of with the GameCube have. Though I can't really tell where those connection points are. I have to imagine they're in the white connector sitting below the LCD connector.
  4. Blargaman91

What's everyone up to now?

I started messing with GameCubes when I joined here 5 or 6 years ago and it led me to a lot of new hobbies. I was only in 7th grade back then, now I'm graduating high school, so it feels like ages ago. I don't think I'm "OG" but I remember following the evolution of GC mods and it's a little sad...
  5. Blargaman91

Xbox One S Controller Mod/Macro.

You could write a simple program to do this on something like an Arduino Nano or a PIC microcontroller. You may need to cut the trace between the button contacts and the IC so that you can fully control when it does or doesn't trigger.
  6. Blargaman91

That ought to work, but if you plan to solder to that, it will be very tough. I'm sorry you ever...

That ought to work, but if you plan to solder to that, it will be very tough. I'm sorry you ever had to use PSP joysticks. If you're working on GameCube stuff, you should get the GC+ controller on BitBuilt. It is built to work with 3DS joysticks.
  7. Blargaman91

Well like I said, you probably shouldn't follow the stuff in that picture. It doesn't work very...

Well like I said, you probably shouldn't follow the stuff in that picture. It doesn't work very well if you connect it with resistors. If you input 3.3V, the voltage outputs on X and Y will be about 2.9V max and about 0.5V min. You can solder wires to the joystick if you cut off the plastic...
  8. Blargaman91

The 3DS joystick works very similarly to any other joystick. It has X and Y axis outputs that...

The 3DS joystick works very similarly to any other joystick. It has X and Y axis outputs that work like potentiometers. RDC's converter mostly changes the range and the deadzone so they work better. The pinout is in the top right of this picture (don't pay attention to the other stuff in the...
  9. Blargaman91

Nintendo Switch Dock mod/recasing

There are some other 3rd party options, like the SH350 portable dock made by Coov. It's on Amazon. It only has one USB port, but you can probably attach a USB hub. It has the added benefit that it can be powered by any power source, even a regular 5V phone charger. I don't know if the Nyko dock...
  10. Blargaman91

The ad for the Pelda Pro Switch case shows video being displayed on the portable screen and the TV simultaneously. I'm almost certain that's impossible, so I wouldn't trust it unless there is more proof that it can function that way.
  11. Blargaman91

You're right that the USB C port can be used for data even without the dock if you have an adapter. What causes the switching is not just a simple transfer of power; the Switch goes into TV mode when it is able to communicate with the hardware in the dock, which will happen whenever the dock is...
  12. Blargaman91

I like this idea. I think you could use the laptop casing from a small laptop the same width as the Switch, although that would probably be a lot thicker than you need. The only issue I see with this is that you can't prevent the Switch from going into TV mode when the charger is plugged in. So...
  13. Blargaman91

The definitive GC motherboard trimming guide

I don't know if anyone has them or if anyone has posted them elsewhere. I'll say it before anyone else does: it's probably easier and cheaper for you to build a Wii portable since there is a lot of documentation on those and no Wiikey required. Otherwise I hope you can find the diagrams.
  14. Blargaman91

Wii Portable

Yes, you can do that. I did it for one portable and it looked really good, far better than composite video, but it may not if you don't get a good adapter as mentioned above. It does use an excessive amount of power. The best HDMI option for Wii is GCVideo. There's information regarding that on...
  15. Blargaman91

Need help getting screen to work

What is the convert you're using? All of the HDMI to TTL decoders I've seen don't scale the video, so the input video has to be exactly the same resolution as the screen or it may not work. The board should be able to provide power to the screen without any soldering.
  16. Blargaman91

Planning to make a portable Wii with built-in controller; need advice.

I just PMd you the schematic I have. I hope it helps.
  17. Blargaman91

3d printed portable case

I have only ever used ABS and it is very sturdy with 2.5 mm thick walls. I have heard that PLA works well too, but you might need to make thicker walls because PLA is more brittle. Regardless, I recommend 3D printing over vacuum forming. Vacuum forming requires that you cut out all the holes by...
  18. Blargaman91

I use OSHPark. When you order, you have to order a minimum of 3 of the same PCB. It's $5 per square inch (that's for all 3 PCBs, not just 1) and usually takes about 2 weeks to arrive. Since the price is dependent upon size, it's totally up to you what it costs. Mine costs $60 for 3 PCBs because...
  19. Blargaman91

Yes, this is basically what I did for my Wii SP portable, except I didn't include a nunchuck option. You have a couple of options with this. 1. Cut power AND ground off from whatever controllers aren't being used. It's important for the controllers to be as isolated as possible from each other...
  20. Blargaman91

wiring vga on nintendo wii

It's just an adapter. It's only good for a device that accepts YPbPr through a VGA connector, which Dalian screens do not.
Back