Search results

1. Kyosho

Rehi Modretro

Hey look, you're back.
  2. Kyosho

Converting my PGPC into a mutli-system portable.

Here's the link to my original PGPC video and here's part 1 and part 2 of the disassembly. I apologize in advance for the longass post. If you're familiar with me, this is par for the coarse. Right, so, as I've said in those videos, etc. the PGPC was too heavy really. Especially since I got...
  3. Kyosho

How can I make my video signals blurry? (yes really)

Wasn't sure where to post this. I think this section makes more sense than others, but, eh, the mods can move it if they feel it fits better elsewhere. Right, so, to explain. I have a 40" 1080p television (inherited from my late mother). New game systems, and PC games, at these higher...
  4. Kyosho

Jankii Laptop (Wii hardware, wiikey, softmodding questions)

So. I had a pretty feature-filled GCp planned but that had to be put on hold indefinitely. Long story short, I can't do much soldering anymore. I was going to commission a prominent member of the forum to do the soldering for me, but then I had financial issues. Oh well. However, a friend just...
  5. Kyosho

Toolbox PC (it is what it sounds like)

I considered posting this in the Afternoon Projects thread, since technically I did do this in one day. But it was afternoon, evening, and a little bit of night. Had difficulty installing Windows 7-64 without a DVD drive. So yeah. It's a $10 toolbox from Walmart with a PC in it. Fancy...
  6. Kyosho

Chinese Classic Controller knockoffs

I think some of you have experience with these. I'm curious as to your experiences with them. Generally, how they perform. But, also I'm specifically curious about the joysticks and your opinions on them. And what their potentiometer resistance ratings are. It seems my Madcatz Microcon has died...
  7. Kyosho

360 chatpad - useful?

I'm mostly a PC guy, so I don't know much about these. A friend of mine has offered to sell me his chatpad for $10. Which is slightly cheaper than I could get it used online (assuming I don't want to troll ebay until I snipe a better price - which I don't). The thing is, I'm not sure how useful...
  8. Kyosho

Cuboid/Gamecuboid worklog

Pretty sure this name hasn't been taken. Seems appropriate. This is going to be a fairly generic GCp. It's not going to be very small, but it will have: Wiikey Fusion SD slot B PSOne screen All four controller ports Game Boy Player All in a ZN-45 (which, considering how small these things can...
  9. Kyosho

Portable Gaming PC (PGPC) - Disassembly UPDATE 2/23/13 pg.3

ezQ_K1lnF4w Had difficulty coming up with a name that describes this thing... 8 inch touchscreen LCD Integrated Xbox 360 controller with Playstation D-pad, and face buttons for shoulder buttons (triggers are now buttons) The case is made from two OKW enclosures glued back to back, heavily...
  10. Kyosho

Changing 360 analog triggers to digital (on/off)

I'm trying to get the analog triggers on an Xbox 360 controller to work like a normal button. Rather than the analog of somewhere in between. On episode one of the Benheck show (11:30ish), Ben shows you how to do it, assuming you kept the pots (and perhaps glued them in place so they don't...
  11. Kyosho

Li-Ion packs (w/protection circuits) in a series?

I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to power my PCp. I've got a 7.4v camcorder battery which consists of 6 Li-Ion cylindrical cells. It has its own protection circuit. I just place an order for a second one. I'm going to need a lot of amps to power this thing so 12 cells, though an insane...
  12. Kyosho

Project Angel Dust (PCp)

As I said in Sam's thread, I really hadn't planned on talking about this until it was finished or near-finished. But after reading that thread and enjoying talking about this stuff, I figured what the Heck. I also would like to talk a bit more about what I'm planning and get opinions without...
  13. Kyosho

Rumble motor near a hard drive is bad, right?

Just want to confirm this. I mean, motors work via electromagnetism so I assume they could screw up a hard drive. Then again, are there not motors within the hard drive that spin the plates? So...yeah. I don't know. If it would be a bad thing, could I get away with the rumble motor on the...
  14. Kyosho

WTT my portable supplies for your Xbox 360 (or PS3)

Cross-post from Benheck: I want an Xbox 360 system. I'm not picky as far as versions, so long as it still works and can play on Live. Or maybe a PS3. Some stuff I have to trade: 2 Official PSOne screens. Without the original cases though. Think I tossed them. So, just the boards/screens. One...
  15. Kyosho

R2D2: 8 consoles, sound system and projector (not mine)

I assume this is where I'd post something like this. Some one linked this article on a gaming forum I go to. It's fricken awesome. Original link. We need to get this guy.
  16. Kyosho

Li-Ion safety circuit woes

I've got one of those portable DVD battery pack things. Basically the same one Ben used in his PS2p. All the cells seem fine and work fine. But the stupid safety board thing doesn't want to work most of the time. It'll work fine as long as you don't touch it, but if you so much as bump it, it...
  17. Kyosho

FYI, I am not Kyo

This just keeps coming up. For the record, this is Kyo on BH, this is me on BH. I was on there a few days short of a year before he ever was. I just wasn't very active after a while. I realize he's a much more active member of the BH community and I'm not really known at all anymore. There's...
  18. Kyosho

Is there a fuse I can jump on the PS2 Slim?

I'm cross-posting this here and at BH because I'm desperate for any help possible. Hope cross-posting is okay with you guys. I built a PS2p three years ago. It worked great for a couple days, and then I apparently fried it when I opened it up to adjust something with the controller. I didn't...
Back