Search results

1. Downing

Downing's Latest N64p Commission: Hesline 64

He everyone! Long time since my last post I agree, but I just wanted to get a WIP started up for a new commission that I took on for a customer in Australia. This is probably the most advanced N64 I'd done to date as it uses all custom printed PCBs, custom controller and audio amp (all...
  2. Downing

3D Printed N64p Casing - Unfinished - $60

Hey guys, I've got a spare 3D printed N64 casing I'm looking to unload. This was for my kit commission that I was doing but because the addition of new components for that kit, the casing had several redesigns and needed to be printed again. Since I'll most likely be using those from now one...
  3. Downing

RDC/Downing's PTH08080 Breakout Boards

So RDC and I have been working a few new components to make modding life a little easier the first one we've completed is a breakout board for the TI PTH08080WAZ and WAH regulators. At the sacrifice of a little bit of space, the ability to now securely mount and easily solder to the component...
  4. Downing

Downing's Geneboy 3 Portable Genesis (Mega Drive)

Hey guys, started my next project commission! I'd like to present my 3rd Sega Genesis Portable, the Geneboy 3. This will be my most advanced Genesis portable I've done utilizing again a custom 3D printed casing, an Adafruit 5V up volt regulator/charger so I only need one 3.7v 5000mAh Li/Po...
  5. Downing

Downing's SG-N64p Featuring The Legend of Zelda: OOT

Hey guys! Been a long time between projects but such is life these days when free time is at a minimum. Anyway, I just wanted to show off my latest completed project and the first in a line of SGN64p's that I plan to make. I present, the Immortalized classic, Ocarina of Time in its own...
  6. Downing

Downing's 2nd N64p Commission Complete

So not more than 2 weeks went by after completing my first N64p commission before I had another one in the works! This was pretty cool because never have I made two of the same style system before, which made for a very improved and tweaked model over the first version. That being said, I'm...
  7. Downing

The Basics of 2D CNC Machining

***Basic Outline and Will attack each section one at a time*** Introduction to Computer Numerically Controlled (CNC) Milling - CNC Machining is a remarkably accurate method of portable console and case making. Though the actual depths CNC milling can get into is extremely large, complex and...
  8. Downing

Downing's N64 Portable Commission Complete

Hey Guys! Been many years since I've done a retro portable but late last week I completed an N64p commission and it was my first N64 portable since the Nimbus II. I didn't do up a build log for this guy, but the finished video and a small writeup can be found below. Hope you enjoy...
  9. Downing

Downing's OUYA Portable Completed!

So just shy of a month in the making, I'd like to present to you my first portable in over two years! Thanks a bunch to RDC and Hailrazer for their contributions to this project as well! No fancy name or anything like that, Just Downing's OUYA Portable! Specs: Custom 3D Printed/CNC Cut...
  10. Downing

Downing's OUYA Portable

Yup, decided to bite the bullet and make myself an OUYA portable (and doesn't look like I'm the first over here on MR anyway). Why? Isn't it kinda pointless? Why not get a smart phone? Yes I understand it's pretty pointless as there are other options out there, but honestly, I like my OUYA. I...
  11. Downing

Downing @ Oculus?

Plane tickets are in hand and Thursday the 14th I'll be on a plane bound for Orange County! Hard to express how excited I am for this and really excited to see Tchay, Beta and Aux again and see what they've been up too since they started working at Oculus! So with that said, I've got the...
  12. Downing

Downing's PlayStation 2 Advance Controller

Well, on the heels of Gman's PS2 portable, here's my PS2 A/V controller, very much similar to the SNES-001 Advance that I did last year. Alright! The PlayStation 2 Advance is now complete! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h77NIEde4Ok This took exactly two weeks to complete to the day which I...
  13. Downing

Downing's Side Project "The Nimbus III"

Hey everyone! So for a very long time now I've been wanting to perfect a design for a portable N64. Though this is still in the early stages, the experiences I've had with this secret project of mine have made it a lot easier to achieve that goal. I started this design this morning and have made...
  14. Downing

Downing's Manual Pick & Place Machine

Hey guys! I know I've been quiet for quite some time but I've be buried in real life and case commissions as well as my own projects that finding the time to actually post has been difficult! But enough of that. I've got a few projects going on now that I've been slowly making progress on, but...
  15. Downing

Wanted: Staff Writer for Downing's Basement

I've been going back and forth about this for awhile now but I figure now it's time to take on an additional hand with the blog. Now originally, this was just a place to showcase my work and keep everyone interested up to date within the walls of Downing's Basement, but there really is only so...
  16. Downing

MBB & MR Meet-up @ Downing's Basement, April 11th!!!

That's right kids, on April 11th through the 15th, the first ever physical meet-up between mods of MBB and MR is going to take place here in my workshop, Downing's Basement! Probably 6 or 7 months in the planning, this meet-up will actually become a reality in just over a week! It's taken a...
  17. Downing

2 Case Commissions for Gman (Bugman)

Just finished up a couple case commissions for Gman. The first one was done earlier in the week and was lot of three SL-68's from PolyCase. He plans to use these for N64 commissions of his and they are pretty tiny. Be interested to see what he does with them. The second I just finished up was...
  18. Downing

Downing's CNC Control Box Mod

Hey guys! How have things been? Sorry to be such a stranger lately but things have been super busy over here for the past few months and posting/forum time has been quite limited. For the past 6 or 7 months now I've been working on a decent sized project and am probably about a month away from a...
  19. Downing

ZN-40 Case Commission for SS

Just finished milling out a ZN-40 casing from PolyCase as a commission for Shock Slayer. (who is actually making this for someone else as well) He prepared the design for me so all I really did was prep it for for the machine. All in all I really like how it came out however there is one...
  20. Downing

Downing's SNES-001 Advance II

The SNES-001 Advance II is Complete! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1lagu9nXKY And it's done! After nearly 4 months of off and on work and endless hours effort due to new learning curves and experimentation, the second rendition of the SNES-001 Advance is complete! As the work log...
Back