Screen help

Discussion in 'Screens' started by I am Noah, Aug 6, 2016.

1. I am Noah

I am Noah Active Member

Hey guys. Went on vacation for a while and wasn't able to work on my project until now. Anyways, I'm having this issue where the psone screen is just displaying a white screen, with a faint ringing sound from the speakers.
    [​IMG]
    I've wired left, right, and composite to the front and ground to the back of the board.
    All help is greatly appreciated! Thanks

2. I am Noah

I am Noah Active Member

A little update.
    I'm now getting sound from the screen from wiring left and right audio to here:[​IMG]
    And composite here:[​IMG]

The screen is still white, but I get sound
    All help is greatly appreciated! Thanks

3. I recommend just getting a different screen. The ps1 screen has a huge board attached to it that makes your portable significantly larger than it needs to be.

Try using a TFT brand backup monitor. I used a 4.3 inch for my gamecube portable, but they go from 3.5 to 7 inches in size, so you can get whatever size you want. They're pretty dang cheap and hold together well. Plus you can get them brand new (unlike the ps1 screen). Also, wiring them is super simple because everything is color coded and there are really only 4 soldering points on the whole thing. Mine has been through a lot and still doesn't have a scratch on it.

4. wallydawg

wallydawg Active Member

Unplug the backlight and shine a flashlight or something at it to see if you can see any sort of picture at all. I had an aftermarket ps2 screen (intec I believe) where the backlight washed out anything else on the screen. Hopefully the same thing here and you can fix it by LED modding it.