Wanting to Commission a PS2P (Name Price)

Discussion in 'PlayStation 2' started by gashadokuro, May 7, 2016.

1. gashadokuro

gashadokuro Member

Hey! I've been saving up money for a while for what was originally going to be a GameCube portable, but recently I've been playing on my PlayStation 2 a lot, so I'm starting to think having a portable of that commissioned instead would be a better idea. I'd be willing to let you name your price, since I'm not sure I really understand the costs and effort that goes into it. I was really hoping Ashen would be able to build me one... because as soon as I saw his I thought it was the most beautiful thing I've ever seen in my life ;-; but I'm not really sure if he accepts commissions ;-; so yeah...

Anyway! Let me know a price! Thanks in advance! -Zach

2. keshav

keshav Member

I can build you one with 7 inch screen and a 250gb ssd it will cost 1500 dollars

3. gashadokuro

gashadokuro Member

No thanks. Sorry but I don't trust you. Thank you though.

4. keshav

keshav Member

No problem bro

5. Idk if you want it, but I finished my gcp and am looking for a buyer. If not that's cool just thought I'd also like to offer some info for comparison :)

I don't know what a ps2p would run, having never built one, but for comparison my gcp cost just under $300 in materials. It took a lot of time to complete it and work out the kinks, so if a ps2p is in the same price range you're probably looking at 600-700 bucks for a basic build. Unless you want something really expensive, like a component cable or you want it built into an atari lynx etc.

On a sidenote, one of the reasons I went with a gc portable as opposed to something else (besides having a gc obsession :p) is that most other systems either have the good games ported over or can be emulated on phone/pi/psp. Like for example I have several gta games that I can play on my phone using a moga controller. I totally get it if you want it for the novelty (portables are pretty sick), but it's something to consider :)

I hope you find what you're looking for, just be careful of giving money to anyone saying they will build you something. Unless they are a really well known member, I would recommend waiting until the thing is finished to pay. Even with the best of intentions, costs can add up as things break or don't work out and you don't want to get stuck shelling out more and more for unexpected costs.