Charge and play problem?

I am Noah

Hey!
I've managed to get the console running after wiring up a new regulator. While testing everything, my batteries died. Right now, the batteries are at 5.44 v (dead). I'm using this charger:http://www.dfrobot.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=1212#.V3AFt3opBnE
I left them charging for about 3 hrs, and they haven't been charged much at all. I've checked the voltage of the incoming voltage of the DC jack and the charger, and it's exactly the same as the batteries voltage, 5.44v.
Weird.
I'm also using ss charge and play diagram.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Last edited:
The listing says it should output 8.5v. I'm not sure if it's supposed to adjust its voltage as the batteries charge, but the output voltage of the charger should be higher than the voltage of the batteries themselves.

The listing says it should output 8.5v. I'm not sure if it's supposed to adjust its voltage as the batteries charge, but the output voltage of the charger should be higher than the voltage of the batteries themselves.
That's what I find weird. I've tested the charger with different jacks on the portable, but it does the same thing. it stays exactly the same voltage as the dead batteries no matter if the voltage moves up or down.

I would say your charger is not working. If you can find a model number for it, you may find more information about using it online.

EDIT: lol I'm dumb. On my charge jack, there are 3 pins, middle is positive. I didn't know which was negative, so i wired to the one on the right.... which was wrong. i left it charging for like a day...lol. Figured out the right way to wire it. Anyways thank you so much for your fast replies, really appreciate your help!

Had another small question, so I'm gonna post it here. I purchased a Sony a.c adapter off amazon awhile back. When I insert the adapter, the psone screen doesn't come on, but the n64 led lights up, but is very dim. Could there be a voltage problem going on? The a.c adapter is rated at 7.5v and at 3 amps
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Back