Swapping Button functionality

dntsy

Newb
As a not so tech/mechanics savvy person:
is it possible to mod a GC controller so that one Button fullfills the function of another? Like, pressing A results in a B signal, pressing B results in A.
Or something similar?

If yes, I will research my way through the vast resources you guys have here. Gotta learn a lot of stuff though.

best wishes,
dntsy

Absolutely. You'd need to cut a couple of traces and cross the wires over. It would be a pretty straightforward mod, but scraping and soldering to traces is not the easiest thing to manage.

Absolutely. You'd need to cut a couple of traces and cross the wires over. It would be a pretty straightforward mod, but scraping and soldering to traces is not the easiest thing to manage.
Thank you very much for the fast answer.
That's exactly what I'd hoped to hear :) I'll get to researching right away and try it out sometime on an old leftover pcb I have.

Ok, so I looked around and this seems (thanks to your hints) more doable than I thought.
So I basically have to locate the traces from Button 1 (Y in my case) and Button 2 (Z) and interupt them by scraping/cutting away the copper that makes up the trace below the green coating. Then I have to solder 2 seperate cables, one from Button 1s "Signal" to whereever Button 2s trace leads to, and vice versa.
Am I wrong?

I tried to visualize this on an image of the pcb here:
2cpf9Bk.png

best wishes,
dntsy

Back