Portable Original Xbox WTB or Build one

jmb57

I am looking for an original xbox portable or have one built. I already have a softmodded xbox that can be used for the build.

What are you looking for in it? What is your price range?

There hasn't been a portable xbox completed in years, and there's been next to no work done on making it smaller. Also, you should know that you aren't going to save any money by trying to provide your own console for it. That's not how this works. The console is never a significant part of the cost of a portable and shipping an xbox is ridiculously expensive.

well I understand but I would like one built that will play xbox games and emulators without a drive. just like a softmodded xbox. I can spent 500- 700 dollars

Unfortunately that price range wouldn't really get you close to a functioning portable - that's maybe n64 range or similar, from one of the more prolific builders. But a one off in a barely explored category is gonna run a fair bit higher than that - especially if you want it to have batteries - the power regulation would take a picopsu, and the lithium stack would have to be massive to get any notable battery life - like 10Ah at 14.8v might get you an hour, if you're lucky. And, best case scenario, it's gonna be massive, even if the builder does a really good job, relocates all the caps, burns enough motherboards to figure out a trim that works, etc. For reference, of the two xboxen handhelds I've ever seen, this one is the smaller one
Custom20Portable_Xbox.jpg

I don't want batteries. all I want is it to be handheld and it doesn't matter what size. I can spend more money than I mentioned. can you recommend someone?

You're better off just getting something like this: http://goo.gl/QXpmcQ

EDIT: And if you don't like the small screen size, I'm sure someone on here would be much more willing to install a bigger screen into the flip-up part than make an entire portable. Would cost you a lot less too.

Back