Noah's JB64

Noah

Frequent Poster
It's complete! Besides a few small things I want to do to it, my latest N64P is hot off the workbench.

Features:
• 3.5" LCD
• RAM Swapped Revision 5 Motherboard
• 1st party controller with Atmega328P for converting the analog signals
• JB-55 Polycase Enclosure
• D-Pad and L button

Worklog

pru8XRUl.jpg

c5Ago41l.jpg

sDV0cdAl.jpg

QFcMUtgl.jpg

whiFiHvl.jpg

No batteries in this one for now. I could squeeze them in, but squeezing and batteries don't go well together. Once I get a small fan I'm going to look into to getting some in there though.

Original plan was to have his finished for MGC. Didn't work out, but it's better off since I fixed the issues it would have had if I took it.

Looks awesome. I love how small and Gameboy-ey it is. Well done, this is legitimately inspiring.

What things?
Thanks man!

Most notably is to redo the front half. Didn't turn out the way I wanted it to at all. I had it a lot better before but had to remove a lot of the paint unfortunately.

I'd also like to make a small accessory box inspired by the transfer pack on ShockSlayer's TSFV2. I got to play with it at MGC and it was pretty neat, so I wanted to whip one up myself. A multi box with AV out and the controller ports for 100% compatibility would be neat too.

Ya'know, for someone who loved to backseat moderate about bumping...
Anyway, as of the original post,
No batteries in this one for now. I could squeeze them in, but squeezing and batteries don't go well together. Once I get a small fan I'm going to look into to getting some in there though.
@Noah Did you ever try it?

Ya'know, for someone who loved to backseat moderate about bumping...
Anyway, as of the original post,

@Noah Did you ever try it?
Not yet. I'm in the middle of a rebuild actually. I got the old 5000 mAhs from Batteryspace and tried putting those in but the case was too thick. Now that I can design custom PCBs and everything I'm in the process of making a new case (still JB) that will allow for better placement of everything so batteries will be able to fit.

I think I could probably fit some 18650s in the original if I hotglued them to the sloping sides lmao

Not yet. I'm in the middle of a rebuild actually. I got the old 5000 mAhs from Batteryspace and tried putting those in but the case was too thick. Now that I can design custom PCBs and everything I'm in the process of making a new case (still JB) that will allow for better placement of everything so batteries will be able to fit.

I think I could probably fit some 18650s in the original if I hotglued them to the sloping sides lmao
You're manloving SS and you're NOT hotgluing explosives in your projects?
SHqw2In.png

Back