comprehensive 7900X trimming guide

spazmoid

i need to SERIOUSLY trim down a 7900X board and was wondering if there are any comprehensive guides out there?

Right, well unfortunately for you, the 79001 is already about as condensed as Sony ever made the PS2, it is literally the apex of it's design, with the obvious exception of it's external power unit. Never the less the trimming options are limited, you cant take anything from the side where the Disc drive ports are, but you can trim the small bit with the reset PCB port flush with the aforementioned side. The opposite side is pretty much the same, you could probably get away with taking 1mm off to make that side flush with the 2cm notch in it, but any deeper and you risk hitting a power trace. As for the bottom where the AV port is, you can actually take the board down 7-8mm, you can even get away with halving the outer 6 port holes, you just need to leave enough of the via to send the signal to the test pads on the under side of the board. Now on to the top where the USB is, you can actually cut the 4 vias right off, because the 5V can be taken from the underside, GND is GND, and the DATA+/- lines have a pair of nice easy caps to solder to. The controller ports are far enough back that you can do that same as you did with the AV port holes.

I hope this has been informative, if you require a diagram I would be happy to draw one

thanks for the link, what i was hoping was to be able to yrim one of the dimensions down to 4 inches to fit in an ag54 but it looks like the 85 is still the only way to go :confused: thanks anyway :)

Back