WHAT IS WRONG WITH MY CUBE?!

Dr._Mobo

Hey Modretro! So I have been messing around with my gamecube lately. All of my gamecube had been wired up for portablization, so I went to put it in my case. Once everything had been installed in the case, I went to turn on my gamecube. The fan and screen turned on, but the gamecube didn't!Every time I turned it on, the light on my 5 volt audio amp flashed on, then immediately turned off. I tried bridging the 12 volt fuse, but nothing happened. After searching around, I found that this thing ( I'm pretty sure it's a capacitor) was not getting any continuity on my multimeter. Could this be the problem?If so, did I fry my gamecube or is it still salvageable?

Pdy3U3T.jpg

57ZNQBf.jpg

Any suggestions on what to do/ what is wrong with my cube wold be very much appreciated!

The cap you circuled is the Composite Video Filter Cap.

The issue I see is all the wiring looking *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ed uped! Also... Your Wasp is upside down touching the mobo circuit. Better tape/isolate that stuff.

Daaaamn, you have to rework all those wiring :D
Also, use a side blower instead of your fan. In the way that you mounted the fan, there will be almost no air flow...

I used to have this issue where the audio amp would pop on for a sec and then die. Turns out that I had accidentally bridged two connections when soldering my wasp. A quick unsolder-rewire session fixed it.

@Aurelio, Dyxlesci, and Bakuku: I know my wiring is pretty sloppy, especially whenever I put it inside the case. I did glue all my connections after I soldered and tested them, but that could definately be the issue. @ legofan623, when your audio amp would flash on, did your gamecube output video? My cube does not even show up on the screen.

hi :) try to resolder everything with thinner cables, and if you can, group the cables that go in the same place. (for exemple roll electrical tape around wires going the Player 1, same with 2, do another one with the cables going to the screen etc.) If you have different cable colors it would be easier to see which one is ground or 12v for example

Back