Recent content by NekoNova

1. NekoNova

Broken display on GBA

will provide screens tomorrow when I'm working on it
  2. NekoNova

Broken display on GBA

Hey Community! I've recently found my old GBA again, the black model: And I noticed a problem with it. When I insert a game, and turn on the device, the music plays and pressing the buttons causes the game to react. E.g I can boot up Pokemon and actually load my save game, but the display...
  3. NekoNova

Power Supply

Ugh, neglected this topic a bit.... I finally got my hands on the screws needed to open the case, the adapters I have are all of the "screwed" (no pun intended) kind, so now I can open them. The first one I opened doesn't show any direct defects. I will look up the components inside like the...
  4. NekoNova

Nintendo Gameboy D-pad rubber

Sorry for the late reply: Classic DMG Gameboy, the first one.
  5. NekoNova

Nintendo Gameboy D-pad rubber

Hey all, I'm looking for a new rubber to replace a broken one from my gameboy's D-pad. It still works at the moment, but one of the 4 pads is ruptured and sometimes the D-pad does not work properly. Anyone have one for sale, and willing to ship to Germany?
  6. NekoNova

PlayStation mod chips

Thanks for the offer, but I got my chips from eurasia shop. Installed them and the PlayStations are all working like a charm now :)
  7. NekoNova

or $$ reward if you find one online. diodes and regulators

Re: or $$ reward if you find one online. diodes and regulato https://www.buerklin.com/default.asp?event=ShowArtikel(41S6288)&context=PH&l=e&jump=ArtNr_41S6288 This is the closest article I could find that matches your specifications.
  8. NekoNova

Playstation SCPH-7xxx case + powerboard PAL

Hey all, I currently have a spare case for sale from a PlayStation SCPH-7xx2 model, including the powerboard and all required screws to hold the internal mainboard. The mainboard and lens however are not included. The casing has some minor surface scratches, but is otherwise in good working...
  9. NekoNova

NTSC Display Issue

ugh, figured it out finally. People seem to be selling so called "RGB" cables, but they're nothing more then composite cables, or crappy wired cables. Took the entire Scart connector apart, measured the pin outs on the AV Connector and rewired them properly to correct the SCART pins. Now I...
  10. NekoNova

NTSC Display Issue

Hey all, I've managed to get my hands on a SCPH-1002 model, and I installed it with an MMR3 chip from the Eurasia shop. The thing is, it plays imports and backups properly, but the output when playing an NTSC game is either black/white when using the video leads, or when using my RGB Scart...
  11. NekoNova

PlayStation mod chips

Hello, I just got my hands on 4 PlayStation consoles from ebay, all PAL model. I know I can get the stealth chips from EurAsia and make them play back ups, but I was wondering if someone knows about a chip to make them region free? Or if there is a hardware mod that can be done to break the...
  12. NekoNova

blown dreamcast japan power board

doesn't the board just draw what it needs? I mean you give it a source that can deliver up to 240V, but the DreamCast should only draw the current that it requires no?
  13. NekoNova

dreamcast controller repair help

Start simple: Open the controller, take a white eraser and go slightly over all contact points to get rid of grease and dirt. Using rubbing alcohol can also help. Make sure the rubber pads on the trigger and solder joints are in proper condition and replace them if you have to.
  14. NekoNova

Model 2 Sega CD Cant read disks.

If the access light blinks and the the disk spins, it means that your motor is working. Try checking all the wires and caps and see if none of them are faulty. These things are rigid and can take quite a lot o punishment before actually breaking down. Also look at the connector slots to see if...
  15. NekoNova

Power Supply

Hey all, I have 2 bricks (power supplies) that don't give out any juice anymore. Is there a way to open them? I can't see any screws on the outside and the casing is clearly 2 plastic shells, but can't find anyway to open them and look inside :S
Back