Recent content by MasterNate

1. MasterNate

GBA Backlit brightness question

Hello R-Porter, You're problem seems pretty easy to fix. All you would need to do is find which line on the board is supplying the backlight of the screen ( I do not have a gba, or I would check). Then, you could solder a resistor to that line of the board. I have no idea what resistor value...
  2. MasterNate

Wii/N64 console design questions

There was another response from somebody else that I was responding to. It must have gotten taken down because it wasnt great advice. I think it is a cool idea that you are trying to do @Panserbjorn .
  3. MasterNate

Starting Gamecube Portable - Help w/ Wasp/Swiss

Tell that to all the people I know who have bought from them and never got any of their products a year and a half later
  4. MasterNate

Wii/N64 console design questions

First off, N64 emulators on the wii are terrible. The only ones that work are the games nobody wants to play. Second, you cannot just plug an N64 usb controller into the wii and expect it to work. For all I know, you might buy the magic one that just works, but I have never seen a N64 wii...
  5. MasterNate

JoyStick on GBA Help

I dont think a normal size joystick will fit inside a GBA. That sort of limits your project. You could use a 3ds slider, but you could not follow the guide you posted then.
  6. MasterNate

Dell Inspiron Keyboard Not Working

I have that laptop and that is a common problem. Try taking out the keyboard and cleaning everything really well. That helped me.
  7. MasterNate

Starting Gamecube Portable - Help w/ Wasp/Swiss

First off, what site is this you are getting the megadrive v5 from? If you are looking at badassconsoles, DO NOT BUY. If you buy from badassconsoles, you will probably never see your product and you will just be short a lot of cash. And it is pretty hard to find a wasp fusion since they are not...
  8. MasterNate

psone screen white out

"PSONE SCREEN" I think I see your problem. If you really want to use that PS1 screen, then go for it. But there are many screens online for much cheaper with much better video quality, smaller and more power efficient driver boards. Those screens are pretty old and I would definitely recommend...
  9. MasterNate

Questions on PS2 Portable

The console will only take the current it needs, so nothing will fry it. And that last sentence makes no sense. Your batteries would be hooked straight up to a protection circuit and the ps2. You wont need a voltage regulator for that. And dropping the voltage like that on batteries destroys...
  10. MasterNate

Vga is definitely the way to go. But you would need to find a screen that accepts interlaced vga which is pretty hard to find. And you should be able to use a 7.4v pack, but you can use a 11.1v pack if you want. And are you 3d printing a case? Or frankencasing?
  11. MasterNate

If you are looking to keep it simple, keeping the disc drive is the opposite of that. You will make it so much harder for yourself trying to keep the disc drive on. And in order to get 4 hours of battery life with a big clunky disc drive will be a problem. You would need a lot of batteries to...
  12. MasterNate

Trading for GC SD Modchip

These things are super hard to find. They are out of production and are not made anymore. But if anybody has one, it would either be the guys here on modretro, or the guys over at bitbuilt. And good luck trying to get it for 30. I would say more like 50.
  13. MasterNate

Hacking a GC With an Arduino?

Ok bud. Best of luck to you.
  14. MasterNate

I said it was cheaper because you dont need to buy a modchip. I guess i have to be more specific.
  15. MasterNate

The reason they would say to use a wii is because it is easier to work with for beginners. You dont have to worry as much about your cooling setup and battery setup. It is also just cheaper.
Back