Recent content by laingsoft

1. laingsoft

What's everyone up to now?

Please avoid greekposting
  2. laingsoft

Don't worry prog, the depression only goes so deep, once you break through the bottom you'll be blessed with beautiful nihilist nirvana
  3. laingsoft

That's *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing disgusting. You're a rangers fan.
  4. laingsoft

Bachelor of Science. When I say pure CS, I mean if I'm choosing a master's program and I decided to go with a supervisor from the CS department, it would probably be in something to do with solving games or puzzles. Doesn't get much more pure than that. My uni has fairly decent faculty that do...
  5. laingsoft

I'm going back to school to finish off my last year of a Bsc in CS. Currently I'm working for a company researching water filters, but I'm aiming to do a masters in either chemistry, bioinformatics, or pure CS.
  6. laingsoft

DarkWing - PIS2 portable

Keep discussion of other forums on other forums.
  7. laingsoft

Wii Portable

S video was never widely adopted because of the flaxty connector, plus it had no substantially better performance than composite. The jump from composite to component was really noticeably better. Composite to S-video, not really, and those pins bent literally all the time.
  8. laingsoft

Custom GBA buttons?

Any sort of clear coat will work. There are specific types that are formulated to deal with the sweat and oils of human hands, but it honestly shouldn't matter all that much.
  9. laingsoft

Good place to learn about air flow

There is a lot of complicated math to go with it, but essentially it boils down to this: The smaller the effective surface area of your heat sink, the higher flow rate of air you will need. If you want to get really into it, you'll need to start looking at heat transfer and all of the fun...
  10. laingsoft

Raspberry pi

You could technically emulate a wii with a pencil and paper, but it wouldn't be playable.
  11. laingsoft

Wii Mini Hacking Initiative: We WILL Crack It!

Theoretically, if you could get arbitrary code execution, you could potentially load the exploit, then load in the data through the disc drive, but it wouldn't be easy at all, as in, you would have to somehow get the exploit on the system itself, then actually get it to run. It would be a lot...
  12. laingsoft

Pi 3

Yes, being able to port to basically any platform that has the JVM ported is such a burden on those communities. Android has problems with it's design, but it's not because of Java.
  13. laingsoft

Custom GBA buttons?

Basically any paint would work. If you want to make it last, you'll need to spray on some UV/Resist afterwards.
  14. laingsoft

Modochrome Bug Reports/Suggestions

When I was a child, my grandparents would often tell me not to smoke or drink because I might get sick. After seeing this theme though, I'm heading to the store to pick up some B&H's and a OE800 because this theme already gave me cancer.
Back