Recent content by Ishwhale

1. Ishwhale

Arduino Vivarium Automation

After observing it over the period of a few days, I've decided to keep it as is. It's obvious that he recognizes the color changes as a sunrise/sunset. He always makes sure to be in a hide by the time it comes on in the morning. As soon as it starts to move into the eve colors he pokes his...
  2. Ishwhale

What's everyone up to now?

I'm still around ha. Just trying to stay relevant.
  3. Ishwhale

I finished this and it's been running for about six months now with few hiccups. I have decided to do away with the color changing aspect which is a bit sad cause I spent more money on the strips than I needed to, but it's okay. Aldrich has only refused one meal since and that was because he was...
  4. Ishwhale

What's everyone up to now?

I'm glad all of you are doing well. I work at a glass factory. Only do electronics stuff as a hobby...I'm envious of those of you who get paid to do it.
  5. Ishwhale

Alright. It's been a while, but I've been working on this the whole time and gotten much more progress. I've have the snek for about a month now. He's eaten one live and I finally got him to take one F/T mouse. He has also shed once. Mostly a full piece except for a small bit at the end of his...
  6. Ishwhale

GBA AGS-101 Backlit Screen Mod --HELP!!--

Glad you got it working. Quick question: why is your tl;dr longer than the other portion of your post? Kinda defeats the purpose of a tl;dr
  7. Ishwhale

I'll try the cap and report back. I have been busy this week so I haven't really had a chance to work on this. I'm thinking all materials will cost around $180. Not including tools. That's including: A big sheet of plexi Plywood Hinges and Latch A sheet of clear glass Epoxy Resin with colorant...
  8. Ishwhale

Alright. So my code is working. I have five different thermometers monitoring the heat tape to assure that the probe is doing it's job accurately. I have come across another issue. Every once in a while my lcd starts flickering garbage text. I read that this is because of the noise generated...
  9. Ishwhale

This is amazing. Exactly what I was looking for. Thank you!
  10. Ishwhale

Alright I've got a question: So I referenced the DHT22 example off of Adafruit when I was writing the code for the sensor. I wrote in the two second delay because I know it's a slow sensor. However the DSB1820 temp sensor I am using is faster. I think i remember it only needing 750ms or...
  11. Ishwhale

I have made progress in the last couple of days. I have my prototype almost all wired up as far as the temp control. I have the DHT22 Reading ambient temp and humidity and printing to the lcd. Then I have my DSB1820 wired the same way to monitor the heat tape. I wrote an if else statement so...
  12. Ishwhale

God damnit
  13. Ishwhale

Thanks for the kind words. It's going swimmingly so far seeing as how I've never messed with this stuff before. There's a wealth of tutorials and info that makes it pretty easy to find what you're looking for. We are getting a Pied morph Ball Python.
  14. Ishwhale

I suppose I'll post this little WIP. At the end of August my girlfriend and I are taking the plunge...no not marriage. We are adopting a little baby noodle. There's a reptile expo that comes through town and we went to one last year and fell in love. So we have been planning for this year to get...
  15. Ishwhale

Cleaning out some Junk...

UPDATE: Just added photos finally. The pics of the tablet are to show the little scratches on the surface. I can't feel them when I run a fingernail across the surface so they might even just be scuffs. There's a bit of rust around the male plug of the four player adapter too. Everything...
Back