Recent content by Hermaphroditus

1. Hermaphroditus

What's everyone up to now?

There's a bone biopsy device, yeah. We have oscillating needle technologies for reduction of force, also one transdermal drug delivery system. I'm assuming it's fair game to talk about since you can literally Google the company's SBIR grants, but the project I'm currently working on the most...
  2. Hermaphroditus

What's everyone up to now?

BSEE, now an electrical engineer working on medical electronics for a small company. Been considering grad school but dat crippling student loan debt tho.
  3. Hermaphroditus

Switching power sources without restarting the system

This thread's just over a year old, so a bit of a necropost. At any rate, you would run into the same issue that this is trying to fix, for a very brief period of time there would be no power delivered as it's switching sources. The cap would definitely be needed in that sort of application...
  4. Hermaphroditus

My custom audio amplifier

I feel with the I2S in a GC Portable it's less of a "why" and more of a "why not."
  5. Hermaphroditus

Looking at Colleges, Seeking Input

Should be, yeah. What good timing.
  6. Hermaphroditus

Man, I gotta leave this place before you get here.
  7. Hermaphroditus

Ahh, I see. Makes sense. If you need any help with the I2S/I2C I could maybe help some. Though in terms of I2C control I actually only used a hardware implementation, not software, to control it (using a FPGA, which would be waaaaay overkill for this unless you wanted to do digital filtering)...
  8. Hermaphroditus

Interesting, I didn't know the GC had an i2s line. I've had to deal with the i2s protocol some (as well as the i2c protocol) in terms of state machines to control them, etc. What ICs are you using? Also, with the PIC is that just to control the IO to give input to the amplifier IC, or are you...
  9. Hermaphroditus

Internal Controller Buttons

I read this as "Inertial controller buttons" and got excited/curious of something new. Then was kind of disappointed.
  10. Hermaphroditus

Easy diagram or french diagram

That's one of my favorite episodes of Dexter's Lab.
  11. Hermaphroditus

Transistor stops switching power after a few seconds/minutes

Re: Transistor stops switching power after a few seconds/min Given I am drunk right now I am not sureI can answer confidently, but it sounds like it may be a capacitance issue. Tried changing transistors yet?
  12. Hermaphroditus

First project: merging two systems into one. Details inside

Re: First project: merging two systems into one. Details ins Would those ideas be to emulate controller presses in sequence depending on the game? 'Cause that's about the only way I would think right away of how to do it.
  13. Hermaphroditus

What is the best way to pull serial data from a controller?

Re: What is the best way to pull serial data from a controll I agree with groose, getting USB to work by yourself is *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing annoying.
  14. Hermaphroditus

Yeah, number 1 party school in the US to be exact. But yeah, I don't party that much 'cause my workload is too much. Unless you count spending about 30 solid hours in one building going between classes and working on projects/homework partying. Then I party pretty hard.
  15. Hermaphroditus

Soldering Irons?

If you're going to buy a used soldering station, I would suggest looking into a Metcal station. OKI bought them out, so the tips and whatnot are a bit cheaper nowadays, even. You can get a used power supply/station for under about 50-60 if you look hard enough, hand piece/actual iron part for...
Back