Wii Portable for sale

Spencer

Hey everyone! I'm an active member over on BitBuilt! I posted this over there already but I thought I'd post it here in case anyone is interested. It makes me sick to sell this because I love it, but the WiiP I am currently working on needs some funding. :p So I'm going to sell this to someone who will hopefully love it as much as I do. This is my FIRST portable. That being said, it's obviously not perfect and may not be the top notch system that the veteran portabilizers create. I will, however, make sure I explain any of its shortcomings or defects it has(which I will go over later in this post). I really want this to go to someone who will take care of it and appreciate it. So PLEASE read through this WHOLE post and my WHOLE worklog post before messaging me. Also, don't bother messaging me if you don't fully understand what you are thinking about buying.

I'm asking $800 for it, but i'm open to offers. I put many many hours into this system, especially on the casing. I am also including quite a few peripherals and accessories. The included controllers are custom painted and match, which is pretty cool. And overall I think it's a great portable and I love it. I have played it ALOT over the past 2 months after finishing It and it has played like a champ! Message me with any questions or if want want to see any additional pictures!

here's a link to a demo video:

index.php

Specs:

-3.5" composite screen with screen adjustment controls (I Have a screen protector on it right now)

-original gamecube face buttons, L,R,Z buttons from a PS2 madcatz controller. L and R are duel tact modded.

-stereo audio with a switching headphone jack

-5v li-ion battery pack which gives a solid 4 hours of battery life. It also has a 4 LED battery indicator

-Softmodded with portablizemii to run all games off of a USB drive( I will NOT be including a USB drive or any media)

-uses a GC+ controller replacement board

-feels SOOO confortable in the hands... almost a little too good... but really, it feels really great while playing.

-weighs 1.82 pounds

-2nd player port

-av composite out

4 USB ports(1 for portablizemii, 1 for Wii peripherals, and the other 2 are 2.4 and 1 amp charging ports for phones or other devices. They do not give out that amount of current while the wii is on though.)

***For better pictures and more details, here is a link to the worklog: https://bitbuilt.net/forums/index.php?threads/dark-delfiino-spencers-first-wii-portable.1226/

With my portable I will include quite a few things:

index.php

Matching gamecube controller, wiimote, and nunchuck

index.php

index.php

48W 2.4 amp USB box(2 ports with 2.4amps output on each one) and a 2' micro usb cord
index.php

Because the stock wii sensor bar that I installed doesn't actually work, a usb sensor bar is required, so I'm including that
index.php

A 12' av cable
index.php

Ok so there are a few things that you will need to know before making an informed buying decision. You can't technically "change and play" this portable(at least not through one port). There are two micro USB ports, one for charging and one for playing on wall power. So with the 2 port wall box I am including, you can charge and play at the same time, but it will require 2 micro USB cords.

In my worklog post, there was an issue regarding my cooling setup. Shortly after , I redid the cooling setup to be much more effective and efficient and the system ran much cooler after this.

Another thing you need to know is that the buttons and c-stick are painted for both the portable and the gamecube controller, and the paint will wear off over time. This can be mostly fixed with an industrial strength sharpie, which I will include. It actually works pretty well and you can't tell the difference. The main analog sticks on both the portable and the controller have been replaced with black nunchuck sticks, so they are permanently black.

I will NOT be including a USB drive or any media of any sort. I will however give you a link to the best thumbdrive and I will guide you in getting everything set up correctly.

Last edited:
Nice build!!! Are you going to put it on Ebay? Interested in any trades?
Thank you! No I don't think I will post it on eBay. At least not at this point. I'm not really looking to trade, but you can PM me and I'll check it out. :) Thanks for looking!

Using eBay is less complicated than using PayPal. Also, someone will buy it in a day or so if you put it on eBay. Also, Make a video showcasing the unit
The reason I'm not posting it on eBay quite yet is because I want someone on the forums to have a chance at getting it. I put a lot of time, effort, and love into this system and I want someone to buy it that will appreciate it and has a little bit of experience looking through the forums. Also, since I'm not including a USB drive or any media it could be quite difficult to help the buyer get it all set up through eBay. I'm not selling this just to make some quick money, I'm selling it because I think it's awesome and I think someone else will really enjoy having it. I would keep it, but I'm close to finishing my next WiiP, and I can only play one. :) I do like the idea of a demo video, and as soon as a get some free time I'll try and make one.

For your next unit, You should use 3ds sliders. Joysticks really won't last long
What makes you say they won't last long fiskers? I've had a few gamecube controllers for over 10 years and have never had to replace the joysticks. Unless someone tries to jam this unit in their pocket regularly(which they shouldn't), the joysticks should be fine for awhile. Please don't post negative things about aspects of my portable unless you actually know.

People put it in their pockets, backpacks, bags, etc. it's like hitting the top of the joystick really hard with a hammer. Saying that sliders are better is my opinion
You are wrong. The advantage of sliders is they are smaller and take up less space. Look at the smash Bros communities, where 3ds sliders don't last, and GameCube sticks are still going strong. If you have the space, sticks are better overall.

Back