Wii Mini Hacking Initiative: We WILL Crack It!

Discussion in 'Wii' started by legofan623, Jul 18, 2015.

1. Tipy

Tipy Newb

If we are able to create a hacked mii on a hacked wii. Then send it to a wii mote. Then connect that wii mote to a wii mini. Then load that mii in wii sports. Will it be able to load the homebrew channel off of a usb stick?

2. legofan623

legofan623 Well-Known Member

That wouldn't work as there are no Wii homebrew entrypoints that are Mii-based.

3. Scout1297

Scout1297 Newb

Hey, I am new to these fourms but I just wanted to know how the whole NAND thing is going in here. I am hoping to make a Wii portible using the mini and it would be very helpful if Homebrew could be added.

4. Blargaman91

Blargaman91 Well-Known Member

I would suggest using a regular Wii if you can get one since they can be trimmed very small and we don't know as much about the Wii Mini.

5. Scout1297

Scout1297 Newb

Okay, But when I was looking at this, http://bitbuilt.net/forums/index.php?threads/the-definitive-wii-trimming-guide.198/ , I got a bit lost in how to connect the wires as I could not find the spot of some images. Like how I can not find the left and bottom right part of the first bluetooth image on the overall images.

Also, I am wondering if there is anything on replacing the nunchuck anolog with a 3DS side pad.

EDIT: Just realised the pictures I can not find the areas on are actualy on a seperate modual board XD
    EDIT2: Do I just connect the colors on the left of the first bluetooth picture, the botom right, and the second bluetooth picture? In other words, is the top right of the first picture disregarded because it is not part of the baord trim?

Last edited: Jun 9, 2016
  6. Blargaman91

Blargaman91 Well-Known Member

@Scout1297 Yes, the top right part of the bluetooth diagram will be cut off if you do the trim. The bluetooth module only has 2 data lines that have to be wired to the Wii along with 3.3v and GND. Replacing the joystick on a nunchuck would most likely be the same as replacing the joysticks on a GameCube controller. You can do it with some resistors, but the best way is to have some electronics to convert the signal.

7. Bowser6495

Bowser6495 Newb

Have you had any luck on this? This was posted quite a while ago and I was wondering if you ever successfully hacked the Wii mini. Also, is there any thing I could do to help if you never got it to work?

8. frosty

frosty Newb

what if we use a sd card reader

9. Shank

Shank Formerly Known As Dyxlesci

That would be the same as just using a USB drive, and AFAIK there are no exploits over USB. If there were any, they were almost certainly patched on the Wii mini.

10. Prog

Prog Not a Memeā„¢ Staff Member

What's the status of this project? Have we tried other game exploits (LEGO Indy comes to mind, but that might be older than I thought)?

I think I still have my soft backups from my launch Wii somewhere. Would those be of use once I get the SN?

11. Shank

Shank Formerly Known As Dyxlesci

Short answer is "it doesn't matter anymore."
    While it could be possible to hack the wii mini, there isn't a reason to. Regular Wiis are cheaper, and Wii Minis couldn't be cut any smaller. We have already got the Wii cut down to pretty much just CPU, GPU, and RAM with everything else being rewired or coded out. It would be a challenge, and with no gain, so why bother?

12. I think it would be possible with a game exploit or disc swap. Don't ask me how though.

13. GingerOfOz

GingerOfOz Member

Yeah, we won't because you clearly don't know what you're talking about...

All the Homebrewing methods that work (other than the installation of a Wiikey or something similar) require an SD card. Game exploits all require a special save file or something on an SD card in order to get to the HackMii installer. Although who knows? Maybe Nintendo put a secret area in Super Mario Galaxy that once you enter it installs the HBC. That sounds like something they'd do...

14. laingsoft

laingsoft Formerly SteamDNT

Theoretically, if you could get arbitrary code execution, you could potentially load the exploit, then load in the data through the disc drive, but it wouldn't be easy at all, as in, you would have to somehow get the exploit on the system itself, then actually get it to run.

It would be a lot easier just to just install a wiikey, or you know, buy an actually functional wii.